April 09, 2005

Depression

Even before yesterday I was feeling much better. I did something like 72 hours without sleep.

I was terribly depressed, but it was like a fever, built and built for weeks and then the past few days became almost unbearable. Hits a breaking point and it broke. I'm fine. Started to sort things out, even feeling confident about my show.

Depression has always seemed to affect me like that. It comes like a wave and after it breaks there is a period of calm.

I had a fever with flu last year and broke that. Literally, standing in the pharmacy waiting for antibiotics I was burning up. Pulling off my clothes, sweating buckets, about to faint. I could barely stand. And then it broke and I couldn't have felt better.

Doctors believe that some kinds of Depression are caused by viruses, certainly looking at it like this it really does seem like it. I'm not a depressive by nature. In fact when I do get depressed I force myself to beat it. It feels like an illness that I have to ride out, rather than a genuine pyschological problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home