February 05, 2005

Wales For The Slam

Never went to speakeasy. But neither did Haley so that's ok. Ended up with Sabs. Of course her and Lindsey's fight was just drunkeness, Linz's paranoia makes everything worse than it is. They've made up anyways.

So spent the vening with Sabs and me and her went out, just us, for the first time ever.

The Wheel was more crowded than I've ever seen.
Housemates were in, as were the Geordies, Mal and Carl have agreed to do the filming for Hamlet which is great. Debbie and Russel, Mike, Rory, Dave, Scott, Andy, Ed, Phil, people I don't seem to know but who seem to know me, plus a whole load of Sabs' exes, and Dan, whom she currently fancies and is desperately trying not to fancy, plus the usual jackasses who spend the whole night simply trying to get off with her. Even when I am making blatantly obvious signs that she is not available.

Gav was in. Hadn't seen or heard from him in five months. He'd been dumped and returned to Scotland, now on the verge of running his own video shop. He is just one of the lovliest blokes I know, so completely personable. I barely know him all that well, we just met a few times in the wheel, yet we were hugging like old friends. That's the thing with him, you feel like you've known him your whole life. Just really an incredible guy and a pleasure to know him. Got the feeling he may do a QT later in life.

Got talking to the girl from the guild, Amanda, she is on musical theatre, gorgeous voice and very pretty. I say talking, I kind of shouted, having strained my voice in the club, and I doubt I made a good impression, that can be corrected. At the very least why not try.

Me and Sabs had a great time, I told Linz I loved her but was not in love with her. Because I'm in love with Haley, which is true. I know Sabs doesn't and never will see me as anything more than a friend, and I'm happy with that. But I wonder if it might not be possible we could end up together. There are very few men that don't see her simply as a sex object, and to be honest, both of us could end up in ten years still being alone.

She lets me spend the night with her sometimes, when I'm feeling lonely, and need someone to hold. I'm gonna ask her if I can stop sunday, wanted to last night but left it too late.

Went to see House Of Flying Daggers with Deb and Russ. Somewhere in the film was a fantastic storyline and most of the visuals were gorgeous, but then got spoiled by the CG graphics, and then the director let dramatics kind of get in the way, the emotional weather I could handle, even the cliche of the dead woman (Zhanf Ziyi, fantastic actress!!!) summoning up the strength to talk when held by lover etc. But then she repeated this little trick about five times. It literally took her 25 minutes from recieving her fatal wound, to actually dying. 10 minutes into this, Debbie dissolved into laughter and I followed not long after. A director working on fantasy should never allow his imagination to overreach the project. It spoilt what could have been a brilliant film.

Am rather worried about Dan. He's said he can do one day a week Hamlet rehearsals. Even with three months, thats only twelve rehearsals, and Claudius needs more work than that, don't think he realises how big the role is, he hasn't yet read the script or even watched a film version. It's a pity, if I can't get more out of him, I will have to drop him, but there is no one else I know that I can see in that role. I could maybe get Richard to come down from Scotland, but he looks younger than Aron and I could not put him and Ruth in the same production after hearing what I heard last night. Dave maybe, Leo would be the same problem as Dan, Pauley already pulled out of playing Rosencrantz, a far smaller role, Mark Chris and Martin aren't really right for the part, Bob, possibly but he has a tendency to ignore direction, it might work for Addy, other than that I could ask Glen to come back or bring up Dave P, though I'd have to sort board and lodging for him.

Photoshoot at 4 for the first touch of publicity.

Must pop in see Phil, get his CD.

Then Wales vs England at half five.
If we win I will be happy for the rest of the month. I will also torment Tim at least until the end of the year.

If we lose, which we won't, well, I won't even go there.

Now, promised myself the Nicol Williamson version of Hamlet, and Explosions In The Sky's second album, never mind that I can't afford them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home