January 31, 2005

Speakeasy

Just realised I need some poems for the speakeasy on wednesday, I've just been reading from other poets. I have lost several of my notebooks and the old poems I have, I look back now and think are just very immature, important to me at the time, but all just teenage angst that I had.

And I can't do Sapphire again. I've done it several times. It is a damn good poem, the best I will ever write, period, and Haley hasn't heard it yet, she will be there on wednesday, which is a good enough reason to make an impression. Roberto (seemingly the most ridiculously talented young poet in Britain) will blow everyone else away as usual, but I am talented enough to at least put up a decent fight.

Mission: Beat writers block, write two incredibly great poems for Wednesday.

GK Chesterton yearned to be forgotten, that he might be rediscovered.

Sapphire

She's sitting there
Just sitting there
Staring out at the sea
The everliving, everdying sea
She looks at me, and looks away
Waters of sapphire grey
Reflected in her eyes
And I run towards her
Losing my breath in the salt spray mist
To the place where she had been
I look out at the sea
And those waters of sapphire grey
And I realise
I realise at last
That she just
Ebbed away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home